Unit 4 Discussion – Electronic Health Record Systems. 1000 words. 4 references. Due 8-2-22
For healthcare organizations to function at full capacity, all technological and healthcare systems must guarantee protection of patient privacy. Several safeguards are placed into practice to prevent intentional or accidental data breaches of patient information. For healthcare organizations to work at their best, they need to make sure that all technology and healthcare systems protect patient privacy. Several safeguards are in place to keep patient information from being leaked on purpose or by accident.
1. What safeguards are presently used in the remote home health setting to ensure protection of patient information and HER systems?
2. What safeguards are currently utilized at your healthcare organization to ensure privacy?
3. What types of ethical concerns could an organization incur if a data breach were to occur?
4. What are new trends in HER systems and how can they improve patient outcome?
5. Review an evidence based article that speaks on how Patient Portal Implementation Improves Quality of Patient Care?
Responses need to address all components of the question, demonstrate critical thinking and analysis, and include peer reviewed journal evidence to support the student’s position.