Complete the Order Form
You will complete our order form, filling in all of the fields and giving us as much detail as possible.
Posted: August 1st, 2022
A Speech on Digital Signal Processing
Explanatory Speech Plan
Q1. Being an electrical engineering student, my choice of topic for my speech is mainly in that filed. As such the three possible topics for my speech would either being one of these three topics:
1. Signal processing. – Digital signal processing technology is involved in almost all areas of our lives ranging from communication to image processing, among others with the recent high demand of digital signal processing products and service being because the technology offers a more flexible and reliable digital processing system compared to other systems.
2. Telecommunications engineering. – With new communication techniques being developed so often, telecommunication is becoming an important aspect of our lives since it has made communication easier.
3. Instrumentation engineering.- Remote monitoring and operations have become an important aspect of instrumentation engineering as organizations seek to obtain efficient and flexible operations, which makes it an important topic to understand.
Q2. Of the three topics identified above, the most appropriate for me would be on digital signaling processing because it is an area I would like t continue pursuing as a career. As such, I would be more comfortable writing a speech about it that would help convince my audience. Though I believe telecommunication and instrumentation engineering are important topics, I don’t think I have a better chance of talking about it in my speech as I would have with digital processing engineering.
Q3. The chosen topic for this speech would be on digital processing engineering because it is a topic I’m very passionate about and intent t pursue as a career in the future. As such, I believe that I would stand a better chance explaining this topic to my audience.
Q4. The only areas that in this topic that my audience would find hard to understand is on the concept of how digital signal processing is applied during the migration from analog to digital signal.
Q5. However, to help the audience understand some of the areas of digital processing that might be difficult to comprehend; I will use three main techniques. First I will give simple examples that are related to the audience to explain each concept. Another technique would be to use rhetorical questions that will ask to the audience with the intention of capturing their attention by arousing the curiosity about the topic. Finally, I would also use repetition, to enhance key points which would make I easy for the audience to understand my topic.
Q6. The three experts that I would interview about my digital signaling engineering topic would be electrical engineers working in three different professions namely, the military, automotive industry and manufacturing sector. The idea for interviewing these three professionals is that they would help have a clear understanding of how digital processing engineering is being applied in these different fields.
A. Attention Getter: Take a moment to imagine what the world would look like without electrical engineering.
B. Background and Audience Relevance: Such a scenario would mean that we would still be stuck in those old analog television sets while smartphones and other related technologies would be non-existent.
C. Speaker Credibility: With the extensive digitization happening today, there is an increased need to understand various aspects of electrical engineering, key among them being digital signal processing.
D. Thesis: In this speech, I will outline the different areas of digital signal processing so that we can understand the significant role it plays in our daily lives.
E. Preview of Main Points: First, I will open the presentation by giving a simple definition of digital signal processing and outline the significance of this technology as well as exploring its applications in our modern world and the expected future trends.
Transition to first main point: To begin with, let’s first have a basic understanding of the concept of digital signal processing.
A. Main Point: Digital signal processing technology is involved in almost all areas of our lives ranging from communication to image processing, among others.
1. Sub point 1: (Hershey &Yarlagadda, 2011) argues that the recent high demand of digital signal processing products and service is because the technology offers a more flexible and reliable digital processing system compared to other systems.
2. Sub point 2: To expound on this point further, the main goal of digital signal processing technology is to measure and filter analog signals while also being involved in the process of converting these analog signals to digital signals. For example, in the case of voice recording, the voice itself is an analog signal whose recording is done via a microphone. This analog signal can be modified to a digital signal through digital signal processing which makes it possible for it to be recorded and replayed in different mediums.
Transition: Now that we have a good understanding of the idea behind digital signal processing, the next step will be to explain how this technology is being applied in different aspects of our daily lives.
B. Main Point 2: Digital signal processing is being applied in almost every field ranging from the military, automotive industry, telecommunication sector among others.
Sub point 1: Studies suggest that the digital signal processing technology has been applied in the military since the 1970s with the radar and sonar technology, where it helped improve military precision and overall performance rates (Hayes, 2012). Hayesfurther notes that today the military is applying the technology in the process of mines detection and disposal.
Sub point 2: Proakis and Manolakis (2014) also notes that in the telecommunication industry, technology is has facilitated the advancement of other technologies such as mobile phone communication which has become a necessity today.
Sub point 3: Moreover, Proakis and Manolakis also suggest that the automotive industry has benefited from this technology in the sense that today there is increased fuel efficiency, while speed regulations and motor controls have also advanced.
Transition: Looking at all these different applications, it is quite evident that Digital signal processing is playing an important role in our daily lives especially given the fact that it enhances other technologies. So what does the future of this technology look like?
C. Main Point 3: Different studies suggest that the future of the digital signal processing technology is very bright given the fact that it is now being adopted by different industries.
1. Sub point 1: According to a research done byGlobal Info Research, the growing sales in electronic gadgets like Smartphone, laptops, digital cameras are likely to increase the demand for digital signal processing product, a factor that will enhance more research in the technology(Global Info Research, 2019).
2. Sub point 2: The desire to improve to our overall well-being will also increase the need to apply this technology in other industries. For example, studies suggest that the growing demand for smart housing and cities is likely to accelerate the demand for digital signal processing products, and it is a key factor that will enhance the development of this technology (Serrano, 2018).
Transition and signal closing: As such, with a changing consumer market landscape, the future of digital processing technology appears to be very bright, and it is an industry that will offer numerous opportunities for anyone looking to venture into in any capacity.
A. Restate Thesis: As I conclude this presentation, I believe we have all understood the different areas of digital signal processing and now have a clear picture of the significant role it plays in our daily lives.
B. Review Main Points: At a time when our lives are heavily influenced by technology, digital signal processing technology is seen as a key propeller of this growth. The technology is being applied in almost every field today ranging from the military, automotive industry, telecommunication sector among others.
C. Memorable Closer. As such, the future of the digital signal processing technology is very bright given the fact that it is now being adopted by different industries.
Global Info Research.(2019). Digital Signal Processing Market Report Status And Outlook 2019-2024.Retrieved from https://marketresearchjournals.com/2019/09/19/digital-signal-processing-market-report-status-and-outlook-2019-2024/.
Hayes, M. H. (2012). Schaums outlines: digital signal processing. New York: McGraw-Hill.
Hershey, J., &Yarlagadda, R. (2011). Digital signal processing: An eclectic journal for the digital signal processing community. Digital Signal Processing, 1(1), 1.doi: 10.1016/1051-2004(91)90084-x
Proakis, J. G., &Manolakis, D. G. (2014). Digital signal processing. Harlow: Pearson Education.
Serrano, W. (2018). Digital Systems in Smart City and Infrastructure: Digital as a Service. Smart Cities, 1(1), 134–153. doi: 10.3390/smartcities1010008
When you decide to place an order with Nursing Study Bay, here is what happens:
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.
Get between 15 -30% Off for Every Order with us, 24/7. Plagiarism-free Papers.