Complete the Order Form
You will complete our order form, filling in all of the fields and giving us as much detail as possible.
Posted: July 26th, 2022
Assignment: Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
It is estimated that more almost 7% of the U.S. population will experience posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in their lifetime (National Institute of Mental Health, 2017). This debilitating disorder often interferes with an individual’s ability to function in daily life. Common symptoms of anxiousness and depression frequently lead to behavioral issues, adolescent substance abuse issues, and even physical ailments. For this Assignment, you examine a PTSD video case study and consider how you might assess and treat clients presenting with PTSD.
It is thought that almost 7% of people in the U.S. will have posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) at some point in their lives (National Institute of Mental Health, 2017). This debilitating disorder often makes it hard for people to go about their daily lives. Common signs of anxiety and depression can lead to problems with behavior, with teens abusing drugs, and even with physical health. For this assignment, you will watch a video case study about PTSD and think about how you might evaluate and treat a client with PTSD.
• View the media Presentation Example: Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and assess the client in the case study.
• Review the DSM-5-TR diagnostic criteria for PTSD – see attachment
The Assignment – Instructions
Succinctly, in 2-3 pages, address the following:
• Briefly explain the neurobiological basis for PTSD illness.
• Discuss the DSM-5-TR diagnostic criteria for PTSD (see attachment with diagnostic criteria for PTSD) and relate these criteria to the symptomology presented in the case study (case study – see link above).
Does the video case presentation provide sufficient information to derive a PTSD diagnosis? Justify your reasoning. Do you agree with the other diagnoses in the case presentation? Why or why not?
• Discuss one other psychotherapy treatment option for the client in this case study. Explain whether your treatment option is considered a “gold standard treatment” from a clinical practice guideline perspective, and why using gold standard, evidence-based treatments from clinical practice guidelines is important for psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioners.
• Support your Assignment with specific examples from this week’s media (above link) and at least three peer-reviewed, evidence-based sources. Explain why each of your supporting sources is considered scholarly.
• Attach the PDFs of your sources.
• APA 7
When you decide to place an order with Nursing Study Bay, here is what happens:
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.
Get between 15 -30% Off for Every Order with us, 24/7. Plagiarism-free Papers.