EDUCATIONAL THINKER PRESENTATION ASSIGNMENT INSTRUCTIONS
This assignment will give you the opportunity to take a selected personality, an educational thinker of your choice, and to “teach” this individual and their educational philosophy as if you were teaching in a classroom in both print and presentation formats, thus combining theory and practice.
Follow this checklist to guide you in completing this assignment successfully.
Select an educational thinker from the list provided under Educational Thinker Presentation Assignment Resources.
• Research the educational ideas and educational influences of your thinker. Create a one-page handout reflecting this information, including at least 3 examples of the thinker’s ideas and at least 3 examples of the thinker’s impact on education.
• Information: You may include minimal biographical information about the thinker only as it relates to how life events influenced the individual’s philosophy of education. The major focus, however, should be given to the person’s educational ideas and educational impact. Make a strong connection between the thinker’s theory to his or her practice.
• Your Name: Ensure that your name appears somewhere on the handout.
• Sources: In fine print on the back or in the footer of the handout, insert your 3 major sources in the current APA format. Use credible academic sources. Wikipedia is not acceptable. (Check the index of your textbooks to see if the authors have anything to say about your thinker.)
The thinker I have chosen is Du Bois, W. E. B. 1868 1963
• The handout may follow whatever format you choose and may be as creative as you wish.
As part of your presentation, critique the educational ideas and educational influence of the thinker. You may share what critics have stated but also give your own assessment. You must include at least 1 outside critique and 1 personal critique.
Thinker: (Du Bois, W. E. B. 1868 1963)