Monthly Social Media Tracking- 6 Slide Presentation -by Assigned Region and Disease Burden: Latin America or Europe.
The goal of this assignment is to gain in-depth knowledge of one disease across different regions around the world. Peer review through the assignment tab and and posting via the discussion page facilitates student sharing around various diseases and approaches to address it.
Over the course of the semester, students will develop three PowerPoint presentations focused on one assigned disease across Asia, Africa, and either Europe or South America (regions are specified monthly). Presentations should be submitted IN ASSIGNMENTS HERE, then students should return to this assignment page, 48 hours later, to find their randomly assigned peer review assignments. Peer Reviews are worth 10 points in the assignment- be sure to complete the RUBRIC and comments for your Peer Review so that Canvas gives you a check mark and not “!” for incomplete. At the same time, presentations should be POSTED via the discussion page to share with the whole class.
The student PowerPoint presentations should be a total of 6 slides, 5 dense content slides and one reference slide.
Slides should summarize the following: disease mortality and morbidity, programming to halt the disease, the political landscape, health technologies and potential for greater global threats in the future.
Slides 1-2) the country and regional disease rates: morbidity and mortality due to the disease
Slide 2-3) the realities of programming to address the disease burden: What programs are implemented? What are their impact?
Slide 3) the political landscape and multiple perspectives regarding the disease burden: What do Ministers of Health, Politicians, Doctors think of the disease and the health system or country’s ability to address it ;
Slide 4- 5) health technologies to reduce the disease burden; and, national and global level implications around that disease burden. (What will happen with the disease in the future? Will it spread or increase morbidity and mortality in the next 5 years, in 10 years? What is the potential for it to increase in more countries due to global travel? Is it a threat to national security in some countries?
Slide 6) minimum 5 numbered references and links to original sources of information.
Each slide should be filled with many graphics, quotes and facts (only one picture or quote per slide is insufficient).
Professor’s Comment Nice job. Could have a little more detail on technologies to combat TB-there is a lot out there beyond digital technologies.
TIPS FOR COMPLETING YOUR PPT:
1) Search on Google to identify social media by your disease burden/ issue and the region of the month
2) Report on relevant topics around treatment systems/ guidelines, technologies, programming, political landscape and national and global level implications of disease burden issues
3) Check out the many websites hosted by key development stakeholders mentioned in lecture 2 on Fundamentals of Global Health: look at donor web pages, foundations, organizations posted on assignment discussion page and in lecture and course home page
4) Be sure to provide a link to all materials in a reference slide to cite the source of your information
5) PPT slides should include lots of information, quotes and pictures- (not just one per slide!)
Monthly Social Media Tracking- 6 Slide Presentation -by Assigned Region